GEAR UP at NNPS
GEAR UP (Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs) is a program funded by the U.S. Department of Education and administered by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV).
The goals of the GEAR UP Virginia (GUV) program are to increase academic performance and college preparation; increase the number of students in rigorous courses; increase knowledge of college and financial aid among students and their families; improve college readiness rates; and increase college enrollment rates of GUV students. The 2014-2021 GUV cohort participants will be eligible to receive a one-time, one-term scholarship to use during college.
For more information regarding the GEAR UP Program please contact the GEAR UP Coordinator(s) at your child's high school.
Virgie Shannon Beck, M.Ed.
GEAR UP Specialist
(757) 283-7850 x.10214
Fax: (757) 599-5605
GEAR UP Record Keeper
(757) 283-7850 x.10406
Fax: (757) 591-4531
School Site Coordinators
- School: An Achievable Dream Name: Connie Sawyer Phone: (757) 283-7820 x.63555
- School: Denbigh Name: Tiffany Walker Phone: (757) 886-7700 x.24533
- School: Denbigh Name: Marcellus Harris Phone: (757) 886-7700 x.24531
- School: Heritage Name: Nakia Holmes Phone: (757) 928-6100 x.17536
- School: Heritage Name: Lekeya Massenburg Phone: (757) 928-6100 x.17533
- School: Heritage Name: Ebony Scott Phone: (757) 928-6100 x.17534
- School: Menchville Name: Denise Mings Phone: (757) 886-7722 x.45536
- School: Warwick Name: Jamicia Davis Phone: (757) 591-4721 x.58536
- School: Warwick Name: Shawnya Simmons Phone: (757) 591-4721 x.58533
- School: Warwick Name: Allen Washington Phone: (757) 928-6860 x.58536
- School: Woodside Name: Chanique Byrd Phone: (757) 886-7530 x.61532
- School: Woodside Name: Natalie King Phone: (757) 886-7530 x.61537
- School: Woodside Name: Celestal Powell Phone: (757) 886-7530 x.61531