In The News
NNPS to Present Math Mardi Gras
Featuring interactive math activities and a Math-A-Thon competition
(03/14/2017) -Newport News Public Schools is presenting Math Mardi Gras: Unmasking Math, a fun math event for families of preschool and elementary aged children, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, March 18, 2017, at Passage Middle School, 400 Atkinson Way, Newport News.
The event will feature arts and crafts, a digital literacy station, a career connections zone, and a Math-A-Thon competition for students in third through fifth-grade. The event will also include PTA vendors, NNPS preschool screenings, and a selfie station.
Bus transportation is provided for families from the following locations to the event and back, from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. every 30 minutes:
- An Achievable Dream Academy, 726 16th Street
- Courthouse Green Townhomes, corner of Old Courthouse Way and Hustings Lane
- Discovery STEM Academy, 1712 Chestnut Avenue
- Doris Miller Community Center, 2814 Wickham Avenue
- Epes Elementary School, 855 Lucas Creek Road
- Kate's Trace Apartments, 600 Kates Trace Circle
- Lee Hall Elementary School, 17346 Warwick Boulevard
- Misty Wood Apartments, 557 Diplomat Court
- Newsome Park Elementary School, 4200 Marshall Avenue
- South Morrison Family Education Center, 746 Adams Drive
- Warwick Mobile Homes, 12095 Jefferson Avenue
The event, presented by the school division's Family Engagement Specialists, is free and open to the public. For more information, contact your school's Family Engagement Specialist, or call 591-4500.