Thursday, June 7, 2012: Ferguson Center
- 6:00 pm, An Achievable Dream
Saturday, June 9, 2012: Hampton University Convocation Center
- 10:00 am, Denbigh
- 2:00 pm, Heritage
- 6:30 pm, Menchville
Sunday, June 10, 2012: Hampton University Convocation Center
- 2:00 pm, Warwick
- 6:30 pm, Woodside
Summer Graduation: August 14, 2012, 6:00 pm, Heritage High School
Graduation Rehearsal Schedule
Tuesday, June 5, 2012, CNU Ferguson Center
- 10:00–11:00 am, Achievable Dream
Friday, June 8, 2012, HU Convocation Center
- 1:30–2:30pm, Heritage High School
- 3:00–4:00pm, Denbigh High School
- 4:30–5:30pm, Warwick High School
- 6:00–7:00pm, Woodside High School
- 7:30–8:30pm, Menchville High School
Graduation Ceremony Information
Graduation is the culmination of years of hard work, dedication, and commitment on the part of families, students, teachers, and administrators. In an effort to ensure that this occasion is one that all participants can remember with pride and a sense of accomplishment, the School Board has established the following guidelines:
- Seniors will be issued tickets for their guests. Only those guests with tickets will be permitted entrance to the graduation ceremony.
- Graduating young men are encouraged to dress in dark trousers, white shirts, neckties, dark socks and dark shoes.
- Graduating young ladies are encouraged to wear dresses and black or white shoes as required by your school.
- All graduates will refrain from wearing distracting jewelry with their caps and gowns.
Newport News Public Schools will continue the dress code for guests attending the graduation exercises. Appropriate attire will be required for admission: gentlemen should wear dress pants and dress shirts; ladies should wear dresses, suits or pantsuits.
Admission will be DENIED to graduation guests dressed in t-shirts, shorts or denim jeans.