The Online Pre-Registration Portal (OLR) is currently ACTIVE for 2021-22 Pre-K and Kindergarten Registrations ONLY. Online Pre-Registration for the upcoming 2021-22 school year for 1st-12th grade levels will be opening soon. Check back later for a start date.
Online Pre-Registration (OLR) is a self-service parent portal that allows parents and guardians to pre-register students online anytime from anywhere. OLR will be used in place of paper registration forms. The school will contact parents and guardians to schedule an in-person appointment to finalize the registration process.
- Parents and Legal Guardians can:
- create/activate a ParentVue account to use Online Pre-Registration.
- complete all pre-registration information online from any internet enabled device.
- save their work and return to finish later.
- pre-register all their children new to NNPS at the same time.
- upload supporting enrollment documentation.
- monitor the status of the pre-registration after it is submitted.
- Pre-registration screens guide parents/legal guardians and ensure that all screens and fields are completed.
- Every NNPS School has a computer available for online pre-registration for families that wish to complete the process at the school.
- Students will be pre-registered at their zoned school.
Important Enrollment Information
To help ensure that schools and students are well prepared for the first day of school, parents are encouraged to register their child or children at their zone school as soon as possible. Doing so helps our schools and teachers be equipped and ready to make each student's first day pleasant and productive.
Entering preschool: Children who are four by September 30 may be eligible for the NNPS Preschool program. Please visit the NNPS Preschool website for additional information.
Entering kindergarten: Children who are five by September 30 are eligible to enter kindergarten that school year.
A child who will be six years old on or before September 30 must attend school.
To determine which school your child will attend, use the NNPS School Zone Finder. Enter your address, and the finder will provide the names of the elementary, middle, and high schools assigned to each legal residence in the city. You may also call (757) 591-4500 to find out which school serves your neighborhood.
For more information about Virginia School Entrance Laws, please visit the Virginia Department of Education web site.
PRE-REGISTRATION WITH NNPS IS AS EASY AS 1, 2, 3!
GATHER YOUR DOCUMENTS
Certified copy of student's birth certificate - If a birth certificate is not available, you must complete an Affidavit: Absence of Certified Birth Certificate form.
Proof of legal residency - A current utility bill (electric, gas, water, sanitation dated within the last 30 days) showing name, current date, and legal address or a current Lease/Contract/Mortgage statement on your legal residence.
Immunization Records - Please view the specific health and immunization requirements for school entry.
Proof of Academic Achievement - Provide your child's latest report card and/or withdrawal grades, or transcript (High School only). Records should include a complete address of previous school.
Individual Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Eligibility/Plan (if applicable, current plan)
Custodial Court Order (if applicable)
Foster Care Plan (if applicable)
- Income Verification (preschool only) - Verification of income is required from all parents/guardians who have primary custody or contribute to the child's welfare to determine eligibility for NNPS Preschool. Please submit one of the following financial documents with your online registration: W2, two weeks of pay stubs, child support, 2020 tax documentation, SNAP award. Please view the NNPS Income Verification details for additional information.
PRE-REGISTER YOUR STUDENT
Students who are currently enrolled in any NNPS Pre-K program to include the Early Childhood SPED program for the 2020-2021 school year, will not have to register for kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year.
VISIT YOUR CHILD’S SCHOOL
Once your pre-registration information has been reviewed, your child’s school will contact you by phone or email. To finalize registration, you must visit the school in person to provide your proof of identification and any additional information your child’s school may require.
Beginning April 15, all schools will have office hours every Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Parents will be able to register and withdraw their children by appointment only. Parents may request an appointment by visiting the "contact us" link at the top of the school's webpage or by calling the school and leaving a message. A school administrator or office professional will contact the parent to set up an appointment time. Parents are asked to bring a photo ID to their scheduled appointment and should avoid coming to the school if they are ill.