Corporate and Government Relations
Patrick Finneran, Director of Corporate and Government Relations
(757) 591-4936 x.10106
The Corporate and Government Relations office serves as a liaison between state and federal policymakers in order to achieve the legislative goals of the School Board. This includes initiating and maintaining positive working relationships with state and federal legislators and governmental agencies that affect education law and policy.
The School Board annually adopts a School Board Legislative Program that sets forth position statements regarding a variety of state and federal legislative issues. (Download a copy of the School Board Legislative Program.)
For access to a variety of legislative and policymaking resources related to education, please use the links below.
- Capitol Classroom – A Great Resource for Educators
- Virginia Department of Education
- Virginia School Boards Association
- Virginia PTA
- Virginia Education Association
- Alliance for Virginia’s Students
- Virginia Association of School Superintendents
- 2019 Education Legislation Report
For more information about Corporate and Government Relations in Newport News Public Schools, contact Patrick Finneran, Director, at (757) 591-4936 x.10106.