Career & Technical Education: A great starting point for any career!
Headed to a four-year college, two-year college, or straight to work? Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs in your public schools can put you a “step ahead” on any path you choose. CTE continuously gathers resources and create business and community partnerships to ensure our students are obtaining the benefits of their chosen career path.
Learning in the Real World
- Cooperative Education
- Job Shadowing
- Workplace Tours
- Career Speakers
- Service Learning
- Career Fairs
- Portfolio Development
- Career Investigation Projects
- Culminating Projects
- Career and Technical Student Organizations (CTSO)
- Career Assessments and Planning using the Virginia Wizard.
- Newport News Public Schools Industry Certifications Offered (pdf).
- Enriching course offerings through New Horizons Regional Education Center – Career and Technical Education.
- Dual-credit courses with community colleges.
- Leadership development through CTE student organizations.
- Scholarships available through student and professional organizations.