FMLA and Medical Absences at NNPS
NNPS Benefits is happy to announce that we have partnered with a third party, The Standard, to manage our Family Medical Leave (FMLA), Medical Leave of Absence (MLOA), and Short Term Disability (STD) programs. This partnership will stream line the processes and provide you with the same benefits in one place for an efficient employee experience. A list of frequently asked questions is attached.
Reach out to The Standard directly, if you have been or expect to be absent from work for one of the following reasons:
- Your own serious health condition (including pregnancy)
- To care for your newborn child
- The placement of your adopted or foster child
- To provide care for a qualifying family member with a serious health condition
- To care for a covered service member who becomes injured or ill in the line of duty
The Standard will determine whether you are eligible for one of the FMLA, MLOA, or STD programs.
Contact The Standard directly at (866) 756-8116 or click here to visit online.
- First time users will need to set up an account at the first login to The Standard website.
- If you are currently on an approved FMLA, MLOA, or STD you do not need to take any additional action at this time.
- The Standard will reach out to you for any additional information they may need for your claim.
- Any documentation that you have submitted to the Benefits office for an active claim, has already been provided to The Standard.
Please review the frequently asked questions document, but if you have additional questions or need assistance with this process, please reach out to the NNPS Benefits at (757) 881-5061 or email [email protected]. We are here and happy to guide you through the process.